Birthdays & Anniversaries
Dick KretschmanMay 2
Lee HomyockMay 2
John RupleMay 21
Erica AchesonMay 25
Patrick ArmstrongMay 26
Don LuckerMay 27
Jim FedericoMary FedericoMay 18
Suzanne EllisMay 21, 20132 years
Home Page Stories
Our guests today were Genna Bayer, senior at Lake Catholic, who was a guest of Brian Kane. She is spending a week with him at his office for her senior project. Heidi Finniff also joined us as a visiting Rotarian; she is from Lakewood/Rocky River Sunrise. Frank Polivka, former Painesville Rotarian, also joined us today. Welcome, Genna, Heidi, and Frank!
- Maureen Conway won $33 in today's raffle, and the Queen of Spades drawing is up to $695.
- None today.
- Brad ran down a very funny list of The Top Ten Things You Missed if You Did Not Participate in the Extended Housing Work Project on Saturday. A good time was had by all, and the group was able to get a lot of work done! Thanks to everyone who participated!
- Donna announced that her branch of First Federal of Lakewood (in Concord, by Reider's) is hosting a Riverside High School Art Show. The artwork will be on display for a few weeks, and the community is invited to come and see it and vote on the winning art work. There will be a community reception on June 2 from 5:30 to 6:30, where the winners will be announced.
- Anita announced that the Drama Awards were last Tuesday at Harvey High School, and they went very well. She thanked everyone that went, and said there was a great showing from Painesville Rotary there.
- John reminded everyone that this is Painesville Rotary's night to serve at St. James. Any and all volunteers are encouraged to arrive at 3:00 or 3:30 and stay for as long as they are able, ending at around 6:30.
- Tom Hill passed out post cards for Fine Arts Association's production of The Producers, which opens on June 5th. James Mango is directing, and Tom will reprise his role as Max Bialystock. Promises to be a fantastic show!
- Tom announced that his church, First Church Congregational, will be hosting a workshop on Wellness and Balance on June 3rd at 7:00 p.m. There are several other presentations coming up as well.
- Vanessa gave a happy buck for her daughter Vivian, in 5th grade, in honor of her first band concert tonight. Vivian is the only student to have continued to play the saxophone, and also has played so well that she has a solo in the concert tonight! Good luck, Vivian!
- Johanna gave a happy buck for James Mango, who ran in a 5K yesterday along with his daughter. His daughter is part of the Campus International School Running Club, which Johanna helps coach. The season-ending 5K was yesterday and family and friends were invited to join the team for the run - James and Lucy did very well!
- Eileen thanked everyone for their prayers and well-wishes and updated us on her mom's condition: the surgery went well, she was released earlier than expected, and is feeling better than she did before the surgery. Great news!
With Identity Theft and "data mining" on the internet such a problem, it is best if we keep your name, home address, phone numbers, including cell numbers, and other personal information safe from those surfing the internet for information. However, your trusted fellow Painesville Rotarians might want to contact you or check on the name of your spouse they just can't seem to remember now. So with a password they can easily find those things out.
We are just trying to find the balance between easy information for you and hard to get information from those you don't want to have your personal information.
P.S. You can get and print a listing of all Rotarians and their contact info anytime you want (and you know it is updated to the latest we have), but sorry you can't forward a contact list from the bottom of the eBulletin (and therefore can't have it forwarded all over the internet).